Friday, November 14, 2008

Quest for Creative Outlet

When Ian went to Golden Valley Charter School, some of the moms would meet and have a knitting group. I wanted to learn to knit but I never made it to the group. I thought about it and decided that I could teach my self. So I learned with the help of YouTube. I made some scraves for the kids for Christmas.

From there I wanted to knit more things than scraves. So I looked into making a little toy for Ellie. I couldn't find any patterns for knitting cute toys, but there were crocheting patterns everywhere! So I used YouTube yet again, and learned how to do amigurami the Japanese art of crocheting small toys.
Ian's bear "Luke".


Ellie's Piggie.

In the midst of all this I found "needle felting" and made a cute bunny. You start with raw wool and poke it with barbed needles 'til it turnes into what you want.
I sure found a lot of crafty hobbies all at once! It has been fun! Now I'm trying to get my sisters to try the Amigurami too...

5 comments:

Meteor magnets said...

Rene`,
Manoah LOVES the bear & piggy! He saw Ian's bear & said "bear!" So fun!

Kacy said...

Wowwie, your creative side is showing. Those little animals are amazing!
I love you. Thanks for calling today, sorry I was busy. I am only busy when the phone rings.
Love,
~Kacy

R Ruiz said...

AmigurUmi?

Vinnie said...

Those are so stinkin' cute! I'd like to learn how to do that someday.

GregKlingler said...

Who knew you were so talented! Lots to learn out there and you now have the ball rolling. Keep on!
Aunt B