Sunday, September 6, 2009

Vegas

N9ne(nine)the delicious steak house we went to with work.


In front of our hotel, the Bellagio. Wow, we've got fountains.


They personalized out 4th desert plate at L'Atalier!


Mike and I were able to sneak away to Vegas for the last weekend before school stared. Lynette was great enough to watch Isobel and (still breastfeeding) Ellie and Ian had a blast with his cousin at my mom's house. So with the children taken care of... It was so much fun to get away just Mike and I! We went to see Penn and Teller. It was pretty cool. At one point, Penn threw a foil ball into the audience and Mike caught it! We also went to "O". The cirque du soleil show. It was actually really cool(did you hear that Kacy?)! The stage was a pool and people exited stage down! They went under the water and disappeared! Also very cool, Mike and I celebrated our 11th anniversary at L'Atalier de Joel Robuchon an amazing experience. We did the tasting menu. I didn't understand the lingo on the menu and ended up eating muscles(amazingly seasoned-the sous chef took about 10 minutes sprinkling herbs and spices evenly over it), squid(chewy), clams(tasted like the smell of Monterey), and foie gras(actually I enjoyed the smooth and rich texture of the duck liver. It was in a ravioli and the foie gras burst out into your mouth and it was amazing). And last, but not least, the last night I tried my hand at Craps and won $500.00! Lucky! The table guy happened to be helping me too. That might have had something to do with it :) .

4 comments:

Julie said...

Rene I LOVE your hair. When did you get braces? You look so young! not that you didn't look young before. What a fun trip.

JenkinsonKS said...

What an awesome experience! Happy anniversary!

emilyw said...

Ok, that sounds like a BLAST!! Have you really been married that long? It can't be... you look like you're 20. :) It's nice to get away, isn't it? Happy Anniversary to an awesome couple!

Kacy said...

Hah! So Harley and I are not crazy for loving Cirque!